Last weekend I spent my Saturday wandering around my alma matter, OCAD, checking out the 100th Graduate Exhibition. The ENTIRE school is transformed into a gallery space, and it's pretty much impossible to see everything. That being said, in no particular order, here are my top 5 picks of the pieces I did see (and photograph) at the OCAD Grad Show.
If you visit the show on alumni day, they give you one of these nifty alumni pins.
1. Love the super textural pieces by this artist who forgot to label their work.
2. I had the pleasure of meeting Merry Fung whose physical painting are meant to imitate the digital ones of our MS Paint youth.
3. Jessica Bischoff's disassembled paintings.
4. Eli Howey's lightbox print reminded of one of the first pieces I made at OCAD.
5. Jane Lee's work including this piece, Passion Tips, was about repurposing disposable consumer goods for their aesthetic value.
Honourable mentions to Mathew Flute (Friend Me pin), Kaley Flowers, Sam Nolan, and Hannah Pertsovsky.