Have you ever met an ice cream sandwich that you didn't like? I have. Every time someone's parents broke out a box of grocery store ice cream sandwiches at a birthday party, bbq, or regular old summer afternoon I would cringe. Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream. I could eat my own weight in mint chocolate chip, but I never really got on board with ice cream sandwiches, until I met Bakerbots. Gone are the days of soggy cookies that taste like cardboard, and vanilla ice cream so full of air it might float away. Bakerbots serves up unique, delicious flavours of homemade ice cream (like cinnamon toast) sandwiched between freshly baked cookies. Usually there's a pretty long line after dinner, but that's a good thing because it gives you almost enough time to decide on your ice cream and cookie flavour combo. On this particular occasion there were 6 types of cookies and 10 types of ice cream making for 60 different flavour combinations, how's that for choice?
So if you haven't been yet, I suggest you high tail it over there after dinner today!
1. The vintage school gym benches out front are always full of happy people.
2. Luckily you can see the menu while you're standing in line.
3. In addition to ice cream sandwiches Baker Bots serves up a number of caffeinated beverages, and baked goods.
4. Your cookie options.
5. Albert got the RoCocoa cookie with Cinnamon Toast ice cream (it's crazy how much it tastes like cinnamon toast).
6. I went for RoCocoa (my fave) with Fresh Mint ice cream, classic.